Pictures in Blogs

1. Here is a picture straight from my Google Photos library - not an album - this should be private and I don't expect it to show up for anyone but me.  (but it does)


2. Here is a picture where I went to photos.google.com and picked a photo from a private album. I right-clicked and copied Image URL, then used Blogger's "Insert image from URL"

3. And here is a picture using the URL from a public album


4. Both of these pictures were inserted in this post by selecting the "From your phone" option.

The picture as I took it.

The picture after crop and HDR with Snapseed

5. This picture is uploaded from computer:

all 3 of the above pictures get copied automatically to a Picasa Web Album called geeksontour plus - blogger

6. This picture is inserted from a "Picasa Web Album" 2015 October. And it does not get copied to the blogger album.

7. This picture is inserted from a private album using the Picasa Web Album option. So, it shouldn't be visible to the public, seems to me. Unless it is copied to the blogger album. ??

8. This picture is a screenshot, uploaded from my computer. It did not exist in Google Photos. I know that using the Upload option adds it to an album, but I can only see that album using Picasa Web Albums. I wonder if it gets added to my Google Photos library? ... I just looked and I don't see it in Google Photos. Somehow, the Blogger albums are separate.





9. Ok, here's another test. What is included in the "From this Blog" option under the insert image tool? So, I have to look for a picture that I can see in an earlier post, but that I know is a link to another album - not uploaded and added to the Blogger album. OK, yep, the From This Blog shows the one special Web Album dedicated to this blog. It contains pictures uploaded from computer or chosen from "from your phone" which is the autobackup album.



10. From your phone: this doesn't actually mean directly from your phone. It is assuming you have Google Photos auto backup and sync turned on for your phone. Therefore, all pictures from your phone are in the Autobackup web album.

Any picture obtained with "From your phone" gets added to the "From this Blog" album immediately.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embedding a Slideshow